Okay first … I have something on my mind that’s been rolling around for the last couple of hours and I just need to spill it. I had a Beryl moment today and didn’t capitalize on it at all. I’m either ashamed or proud of myself.
The most beautiful young man I’ve ever seen waited on me in a drive-thru (I was in Ames running errands). He had gorgeous wavy / curly long brown hair, extraordinary eyes, dark skin and just a little bristle on his chin. I admit it. I completely objectified him while I sat in my Jeep. I couldn’t quit smiling. He was so beautiful! Now, if I’d been Beryl, I might have said something rather than sit there with a silly smile on my face, but I didn’t want to embarrass either of us. But seriously folks … I have no idea why he’s in Ames, Iowa and not on one of the coasts making millions of dollars as a model or actor. Maybe it was just so I could have a moment today.
You know, nothing bad here. Kind of like my appreciation for music that fills my soul or a photograph that blows my mind … that beauty. I wasn’t panting or being stupid, just really appreciating God’s talent. Whew.
Okay … moving on.
Friday, June 19 is going to be huge on the Facebook Bellingwood page and I hope you are all planning to participate. One of the best parts of writing these books has been the opportunity to get to know so many fun people. I can’t even express how amazing that is. You may not know how important and extraordinary you are in the big scheme of life, but you really are. To people who know you on a daily basis and … to me. I only get to see little bits and pieces of you, but when you share them, it means the world to me.
I’ll get the post up early tomorrow. Gather your photographs to share.
That post will be live (and pinned to the top of the Facebook page so you can find it once all of the questions for Wine & Trivia Night start posting) until Saturday late afternoon.
I can’t wait to see this week’s photographs. I’m always astounded at how you see the world.
Bellingwood WINE & TRIVIA NIGHT!
1. I will post a picture of the prize along with the question. Comment with your response and start a conversation with the girl who is about to put three bottles of wine in the fridge to cool (I’d better make a good dinner and have lots of bread available, eh?).
2. Now, Facebook isn’t friendly to this type of thing. They will not put all of these posts into your timeline feed. You will have to check in on a regular basis.
3. Here’s the deal. Unless I’m too drunk to know what I’m doing, I will post a new question every 15 minutes until 11 pm CDT. And I won’t start expiring questions until 9 pm CDT. You’ll have plenty of time to get in there and respond.
4. Winners will be chosen at random from those who give the right (or close) answer. Seriously … do I care if you look it up or even (gasp) use someone else’s answer? Not at all. I just want to play with you and give stuff away.
Book 10 – The River Rolls On
For those of you who might not know yet – release date is June 25. What else happens on the 25th of the month? The email newsletter. Make sure you’ve signed up for it because it will pop into your email in box at 6 am to remind you that it is finally here!
There will be a short vignette in the email, too! Sign up today.
I know there was a lot of information in this post and that always scares me because as much as y’all love to read, you’re terrible at assimilating information sometimes.
Short list of info:
1. Creativity Friday
2. Wine & Trivia Night – Friday, June 19, 6-11 pm CDT
3. Book 10 release – June 25